Friday, January 30, 2009

Well, it's over. I'm not sure what to say, and I don't think I should say too much, but here goes.
First of all, there's a bunch of people I want to thank. Joey Manley and Tea Fougner at Webcomicsnation, who not only made me feel welcome, but made my comic possible. Spike, Matt and the Iron Circus people, who are super cool and talented and probably directly responsible for whatever readership this comic had when it began. Mary Shyne, for being cool and drawing a great comic I can't wait to see more of. Kris, for being something of a Webcomics Mentor, and a good friend, and Erica, for being as welcoming, supportive and funny as any person could possibly be. And my mom, my dad and my brother, for not thinking any of the characters are supposed to be them, among other things. And of course I have to thank every single one of my readers, all of whom made this totally worth it.

What I'm going to do now is step away from The Good Crook for a while, and just not think about it. Once its sufficiently left my consciousness, I'm going to go back in with a fresh perspective and edit this thing. And then, I'm going to do my damnedest to get it published. What you can do to help me with that is to tell your friends about the comic, email it around, etc. I'm not done with this yet, even if I've gotten it all out of my head.

Now that it's complete, I hope you all go back in and read it start-to-finish, as it was meant to be read. And thanks everyone for sticking with me on this for a year and a half. I would be happy with myself for finishing this thing no matter what, but you guys make me proud to have done so.

8 comments:

Orcusmars said...

This is truly one of the better webcomics I've read, and as much as I'm not too happy to see it end, it ended exactly where it needed to. I really hope to see more of your work in the future.

Unknown said...

I loved every minute of it. I'm sad to see it end. It really deserves a book form. I could easily see a nomination for some kind of an award for this.

Usagi Chan said...

I found this a few days ago and read it to the end. Being a part-time New Yorker, I loved the dialogue, it was like listening to any guy off the street. So loose and natural. The art style fit perfectly too, the balance between stylized and realistic was very interesting. Congratulations on completing an incredibly good comic.

jojobeanjojo said...

I found this webcomic about 2 months back and got hooked, you got a great talent for dialogue and comic timing, it has been a friggin' joy to read and I hope you do more great work like this in the future!

Cerrasponda said...

Hey! You know Joey, so you should know girlamatic.com?
Please email me at gam.editor@gmail.com!! Congrats at finishing you comic! I'm sorry I've only just learned of it right now!

I'd like to talk to you about giving it a more visible prominent placement!
Congrats again, wonderful work!
-Diana

Stu said...

Wow, this is a beautiful story and a gorgeous comic. Thank you x

Arifur Rahman said...

Hi,
Nice to see you here.

I'm Arifur Rahman (CartOOnist) of www.toonsmag.com
I want to invite you to publish your works on www.toonsmag.com and www.my.toonsmag.com
it will be very nice if you join our artist community.

Have a nice day.
Good wishes to you.

Arifur Rahman
www.toonsmag.com
www.my.toonsmag.com

heathersuperjohn said...

I love this comic, it's beautiful! Incredible work, I hope you're still planning the book.